The DFW just can’t seem to catch a break these days.
After only a week from one of the most devastating hailstorms the Dallas – Fort Worth area has seen, smaller cities south of DFW were hit a hailstorm of their own.
Cities like Burleson and Midlothian saw hail about 1 to 1.25 inches in diameter , while areas near Lillian saw at 1.75 inch sized hail Wednesday evening while cities like Mansfield saw winds of up to 60 to 70 miles per hour.
It’s still too early to estimate the damages caused by last night’s hailstorm.
What Should I Do If My Home Was Damaged By This Hailstorm?
To help, here’s a list of things you should do after a hailstorm:
1) Locate your home insurance policy: Review your insurance policy and coverage. Call your agent for a free copy if you can’t find it.
2) Get your claim started: Call your insurance agent and get a claim number. Your insurance company needs to know your house has been through a hail storm!
3) Take pictures: Document all your damages! Photographs will ensure you are properly reimbursed for your loss.
4) Keep your receipts: Any repairs or purchases you make may be used against your deductible or may be reimbursable. Temporary repairs, tarps, debris removal, etc. Keep a record of dates and notes of all your conversations with your adjuster.
5) Call a hail damage lawyer: In the event that your claim is underpaid or rejected, you have a right to an attorney to negotiate with your insurance agent on your behalf.
Call Moore Law Firm Today at 1-800-730-HAIL
If your home or business sustained hail damage, call the hail storm lawyers at Moore Law Firm today at 1-800-730-HAIL (4245) for a FREE consultation.