Dallas – Fort Worth Pelted With Devastating Hailstorms
In a matter of two weeks, the Dallas – Fort Worth area suffered over $1.1 billion in damages.
On March 17th, Fort Worth was hit with hail a large a 2.5 inches in diameter, followed by another hailstorm on March 23rd. which covered most of the Dallas – Fort Worth area with hail stones as large as 2 inches.
From the Dallas Morning Herald:
Got Hail Damage?
To help, here’s a list of things you should do after a hailstorm:
1) Locate your home insurance policy: Review your insurance policy and coverage. Call your agent for a free copy if you can’t find it.
2) Get your claim started: Call your insurance agent and get a claim number. Your insurance company needs to know your house has been through a hail storm!
3) Take pictures: Document all your damages! Photographs will ensure you are properly reimbursed for your loss.
4) Keep your receipts: Any repairs or purchases you make may be used against your deductible or may be reimbursable. Temporary repairs, tarps, debris removal, etc. Keep a record of dates and notes of all your conversations with your adjuster.
5) Call a hail damage lawyer: In the event that your claim is underpaid or rejected, you have a right to an attorney to negotiate with your insurance agent on your behalf.
Call Moore Law Firm Today at 1-800-730-HAIL
If your home or business sustained hail damage, call the hail storm lawyers at Moore Law Firm today at 1-800-730-HAIL (4245) for a FREE consultation.