Major Storm Watch For The Rio Grande Valley Tonight
The National Weather Service in Brownsville has issued a severe weather outlook which includes isolated to scattered strong to severe thunderstorms for the Rio Grande Valley for tonight, Thursday, May 28 leading into early Friday morning.
According to the report, the severe weather is expected to make its way through the Rio Grande Valley beginning at 9:00 PM until approximately 7:00 AM the following morning.
The NWS also indicates that hail over 1″, wind speeds over 60 MPH, and lightning are all possible with a lower possibility for flooding.
Cities with a marginal (lowest) risk of severe thunderstorms include:
- La Villa
- Progreso Lakes
- San Juan
- La Feria
- Los Fresnos
- Palm Valley
- Port Isabel
- Rio Hondo
- San Benito
- San Perlita
Cities with a slight (higher) risk of severe thunderstorms include:
- La Grulla
- Rio Grande City
- La Joya
- Sullivan City
Tips on How to Prepare for a Storm
The storm damage lawyers at Moore Law Firm suggest to always be prepared for storm season, however, there’s still time to prepare for tonight’s storms.
Here’s are a few tips you can take to be best prepared for severe weather:
- Plan Ahead – Being prepared could mean the difference between life and death. Know where your nearest shelter is and map out the quickest routes to get there.
- Up In the Cloud – Make sure to back up all of your important digital files on a cloud-based server to make sure that you can access them later in that event that something happens to your computer.
- Stock Up – Emergency supplies such as non-perishable foods, water, batteries for flashlights and radios, medicine should all be on the top of your list of things you’ll need.
- Gas & Cash – Make sure you fill up your car on gas in the event that fuel doesn’t become available in your area. Also, consider how you will access your funds in the event of a multi-day power outage in your area. Play it safe and have cash in hand.
- Be Claim Ready – Get your insurance in order and protect all of your paperwork. This is necessary to have your storm damage claim started immediately after the storm has hit.
Are You Prepared After A Storm Hits? Download Your FREE Copy of the Moore Law Firm Texas Storm Damage Claims 101 Guide
Talk To The Insurance Claim Lawyers At Moore Law Firm TODAY!
If you are looking for more information on how storm damage attorneys at Moore Law Firm can help with your storm damage claim, call 1-800-444-2780 right now! The consultation is free and it is absolutely FREE to start your case. If your storm damage claim needs a 2nd opinion, call the storm damage lawyers at Moore Law Firm today!