South Padre Island Fire
On Saturday, at approximately 7:30 AM, local firefighters responded to a massive fire at Gulf Point Condominiums in South Padre Island, Texas. Large clouds of smoke blanketed the island skyline as firefighters worked to contain the fire that lasted approximately 6 hours. No injuries were reported, however, according to KRGV, a few firefighters were treated for dehydration and exhaustion.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, however, authorities are leaning toward the suggestion that the fire was started by a lightning strike, as witnesses and local weather reports indicated thunderstorms roaming the area Saturday morning.
In a press conference later that afternoon, South Padre Island Mayor Patrick McNulty stated “A piece of is island history is lost,” as Gulf Point Condos property manager, Carlos Chacon stated that the property will be rebuilt sometime in the future.
Condo owners have begun the process of filing their fire damage insurance claims, in hopes of recuperating their losses in Saturday’s blaze.
Photos and Videos of South Padre Island Fire
Massive fire at Gulfpoint Condominiums on South Padre Island. 🙏 Praying for all involved pic.twitter.com/Dswhhdy1gf
— SPadre (@SpacePadreIsle) May 16, 2020
Devastating fire on South Padre Island, Gulfpoint Condominiums completely engulfed. A Lightning strike is believed to be the cause. pic.twitter.com/3c6xhSyJjv
— Gage (@Mr12G) May 16, 2020
A building on fire in South Padre Island is something that’s not a good start to summer. Hope everyone involved is okay. pic.twitter.com/HjMzxwYded
— Michael Land (@OfficialMLand) May 16, 2020
— Steven A Franz (@StevenAFranz) May 16, 2020
What Should I Do If My Condo Was Burned Down In The South Padre Island Fire?
If you are reading this as a victim of this weekend’s fire, our staff would like to reach out and provide you with our deepest condolences from the loss of your home. Nothing can ever bring back the memories you’ve built over the years in your condo, but continue to stay strong and know that your lawyers and your community are always here for you.
Although it’s only been a few days, the sooner you are able to take these steps, the sooner it will be to get your life back together after this devastating tragedy.
- Make A List of Property Lost In the Fire – Make a list of everything that you can remember that was lost or damaged in the fire. Televisions, laptops, appliances, and large furniture such as dining tables, beds, and couches should all be on your list. If you have any other pertinent information regarding your lost or damaged items such as make, model, or serial numbers, it would a good idea to add these to your list. Once completed, add a dollar value to these items so that your carrier may review and provide you an estimate for reimbursement.
- Call and Make A Fire Damage Claim With Your Insurance – Again, the sooner you are able to file a claim, the sooner the process can begin and, in turn, get you one step closer to getting your home back.
- Call A Fire Damage Lawyer ASAP – Unfortunately, dealing with your insurance directly will mean that your claim will likely get DENIED, DELAYED, or UNDERPAID. Insurance carriers are notorious for criminally undervaluing legitimate damage claims. Your best advice will be to not give them an opportunity to short change your claim and consult with a fire damage claim lawyer immediately.
What Are The Advantages Of Hiring A Fire Damage Lawyer From Moore Law Firm?
- Free Consultation – Every consultation from a fire damage lawyer at Moore Law Firm is absolutely free with no obligations. We assess every case to ensure that it could be a worthy investment for not only our firm but for yourself.
- Free Expert 2nd Opinion – After hiring our firm, we begin our initial investigation of the case by dispatching a team of engineers to assess your damages. If their estimate matches or is less than what you’re being offered from your carrier, then we will advise you what the best course of action is, even if it’s terminating our firm and accepting your carrier’s offer.
- Zero Out-Of-Pocket Costs – Our firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you never pay anything for our services out of your own pocket. We are paid through a percentage of the award we are able to acquire. If we are not able to secure an award for you, then you pay absolutely nothing.
Call The Fire Damage Lawyers At Moore Law Firm Today
If you were a victim of the South Padre Island fire, you need to call the McAllen and Brownsville fire damage lawyers at Moore Law Firm today for your FREE and FAST consultation.