Many rideshare passengers have concerns about the safety of ride-sharing services. Ridesharing companies like Uber are regulated by local laws and require their drivers to agree to background checks. In addition, all drivers must have valid driver’s licenses and insurance coverage for their vehicles. Uber provides additional security measures, such as the ability to track a driver’s route and an in-app emergency button monitored 24/7 by the company’s safety team. All these safeguards help ensure that drivers and riders are kept safe while using the service.
How to Stay Safe When Using Rideshare Services
Unfortunately, despite safety measures implemented by Uber and Lyft, riding with dangerous Uber and Lyft drivers is still a cause of concern for many.
However, there are some tips you can follow that can prevent you from riding with an unsafe driver.
- First, when booking your ride, always double-check trip details, including Uber driver and vehicle information. The driver and vehicle should match the information listed in your Uber app before you hop in.
- Make sure the license plate is correct. If the vehicle does not have the correct license plate, don’t get into the car.
- Also, stay alert once you are in the car. Pay attention to where you are going and be aware of your surroundings. Use the app to share your ride with friends or family and keep track of where you are, as well as when you get there.
- Finally, always trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe during a trip, end the ride and ask for help from someone nearby. Remember that safety is always your top priority and that you have the right to ride safely.
Keep in mind that Uber is constantly working on new features to provide a safer experience for its riders. So make sure to check the app regularly for updates on safety measures.
Rideshare Auto Accidents
Rideshare collisions are also a cause for concern. In the event of an auto accident, an accident victim can pursue compensation from another driver involved in the collision, the rideshare driver’s personal insurance provider, or the rideshare company’s insurer. The party held responsible for damages will depend on many factors, such as:
- Whether the rideshare driver was actively using the app
- If the rideshare driver was transporting a passenger at the time of the accident
- Which party was at-fault for the collision
Rideshare accidents can be very complex. Because of this, you should speak with a personal injury attorney before taking legal action.
Should I Contact a Rideshare Accident Lawyer After a Motor Vehicle Collision?
Rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft have revolutionized the way people get around. They are generally considered safe forms of transportation, but accidents can still happen. If you have been involved in a rideshare accident, contact an attorney as soon as possible. Rideshare companies are not immune from liability. An experienced lawyer can ensure your rights are fully protected and you receive the compensation you deserve.
Handling Your Rideshare Accident Claim
By talking to a qualified attorney, you can learn more about the laws that apply to your particular situation and any other possible legal remedies. They can also help you file your claim, will investigate your accident, identify the liable party, and negotiate with insurance companies for a fair settlement.
Click Here to Read More -> Ridesharing accident lawyer
Contact the Moore Law Firm Today to Schedule a Free, No-Obligation Consultation
Rideshare safety is a common concern for many people. Uber and Lyft are convenient transportation options, but you are still at risk of being involved in an auto accident if you’re on the road with a negligent driver.
If you have been involved in an Uber or Lyft incident, it is important to contact a rideshare accident attorney at the Moore Law Firm. An experienced rideshare lawyer can ensure your claim and legal rights are protected. They will work with you throughout the entire legal process to help you recover compensation for all accident-related damages.
Contact the Moore Law Firm today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.