Thunderstorm cells made their way through the upper Northeast Rio Grande Valley over the weekend, hitting Raymondville with strong winds and Arroyo City with 2″ hail.
At approximately 9:51 PM, Friday evening, radar detected a severe storm traveling East, covering most of South Texas from Laredo to Corpus Christi. At approximately 8:20 AM, radar further detected a smaller cell development traveling Southeast toward Raymondville, through Willacy County and North Cameron County.
Fortunately, no injuries were reported although we have received reports of various homes and businesses suffering from wind damage and hail damage.
Arroyo City Hail Storm Videos and Photos
Oh, hail-o there, Saturday.
Big hail was pounding parts of south Texas again today.
— WeatherNation (@WeatherNation) April 4, 2020
What Type Of Damage To Look For After A Hail Storm
As we have covered previously, hail storm damage can be easy to spot if you know what you’re looking for.
Here are the most common signs of hail storm damage:
- Dented, imprinted roof shingles
- Cracked or broken windows
- Chipped bricks or damaged siding
- Dents in your AC/HVAC unit
These are just some of the more common signs, however, there is a multitude of other hail storm damages you may not be able to see unless your property is inspected by a storm damage expert.
What Should I Do If My House Was Damaged In The Arroyo City Hail Storm?
In order to make sure your hail storm claim has the best chance of being paid out, you MUST do the following:
- Take Photos – Taking your own photos is a perfect way of protecting your hail storm damage claim from potentially being poorly adjusted or inspected. It’s hard evidence of the hail damage sustained by your property and it can be a key factor in ensuring your claim is paid out.
- File Your Claim – As soon as you have inspected your own damages, you need to call your insurance company and file your claim. This should be done the day of or the day after the storm. The longer you wait to file your claim, the more time elapses between the date of the storm and when someone from your carrier will adjust the damages. The longer that gap becomes, the chances become less likely that your claim will be paid out to the fullest extent.
- Mitigate Your Damages – Just because it might take some time to get your home fixed doesn’t mean you can just continue to allow your damages to get worse. In fact, most homeowners’ insurance policies actually require homeowners to reasonably mitigate their damages such as putting up a tarp or boarding up windows. Failure to do so could jeopardize your hail claim.
- Call an Experienced Hail Storm Lawyer – It’s never a bad idea to get a 2nd pair of eyes to review your claim and help ensure that your getting what your damages should be worth. In a perfect world, homeowners could simply rely on their insurance to pay for their damages. Unfortunately, insurance companies today are quick to deny, delay, and underpay legitimate hail claims, which is where an experienced hail storm lawyer can come in and help fight for your claim on your behalf.
Call The McAllen Hail Storm Lawyers at Moore Law Firm Today!
If your home or business suffered damages from the Arroyo City hail storm, call the McAllen hail storm lawyers at Moore Law Firm today at 1-956-631-0745 for your FREE and FAST consultation!